Thursday, September 3, 2009

StarGate Studios and Mikkel Eriksen

My blog today will take a look at the studio that we were involved with throughout my time being with Trondheim Gospel Choir. This consisted of a gentleman Mikkel Eriksen. Mikkel is today one of the most successful Norwegians living in the states running his own business within music production. He has been working with Beyonce Knowles amongst many other artists, and co-wrote and produced her song Irreplaceable.













Back to my days as a singer in a choir only known by people in my city Trondheim. We were often in Mikkel's studio chorusing. I sensed back then he would go far, in 2006 he did indeed do so. USA loved him and so did many A-list artists, and Micheal Jackson was looking at using Stargate before he died. And they still will work with him as they got a mission to make a good remix of his songs, requested by Motown, which is a High Class Studio as well. (On the photo is Tor Erik Hermansen and Mikkel Eriksen, photo was taken from the VGNETT's website)

I am so Proud of these guys, another fellow whom i recall worked with Mikkel was Hallgeir Rustan was also a very talented man that i assumed would follow Mikkel to the States, but instead it was
Tor Erik Hermansen that became his future partner, never met him though.

Regardless, Mikkel and his team are now overloaded with new projects everyday, I am looking forward to the MJ Remix to come out so i can listen to Mikkel's work of art.

Mikkel, if you ever read my blog, I love your work, you rock!!
And i wish you all the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment