Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Flu

I must be out of my mind blogging about the flu, haha...well a week ago I got sick, with runny nose, fever, cough, just in general in bad shape. My hubby gave it to me, but what is odd about this is how he only experienced a very bad cold. When I got sick it was like a very bad flu, VERY bad flu.

We still despite not feeling well went for a weekend trip to Hanmer with friends, still not in the best shape, however only mild fever and cough and sore throat was happening so nothing major. However when we came home Sunday, things got allot worse for me, a sudden high fever appeared in the middle of the night, it sucked. I had a very sore throat, sore neck that was quite disturbing so went to see the doc and he said it's the flu, gave me antibiotics and told me to drink lots of water.

Now to the point of my blog...how did i get so sick and not my man? He is physically very fit, works as a courierdriver and eats alright. I on the other hand is not so fit, and don't eat that well...my doc asked me: "so do you eat fruits and vegies every day?" I sensed an urge to dissappear, lol to be honest I have avoided fruit like the plague for some reason...so when I got home i decided to try it out, eat lots of fruit, apples especially, and started feeling better just after a couple of hours...woke up with mild fever last night, took som pamol and tried to sleep again, didn't work, so got up and grabbed myself an apple, went back to the bedroom to eat it...lol whilst hubby was asleep...anyways I woke up feeling refreshed, however still not right, ate some more apples and voila! My headaches and sore neck was nearly gone, it must be nature's super food after all, huh?

Anyways...my today's blog was about the power of apples...LOL very interesting, haha, but very true...

No comments:

Post a Comment